Try These 6 Time-Tested Home Remedies To Beat The Post Pregnancy Hair Fall
Besides a balanced diet, a number of home remedies can come handy in controlling hair fall. Some of them also help regrow the lost hair. Here are the most effective ones
While you might be having thick and luscious locks during pregnancy, once you deliver you would notice that your strands are all over the place-- on the pillow, on the ground , on the baby's cot-- almost everywhere. Even though we know that stress is one of the triggers of hair fall, it could be very stressful to see your hair all around.
Post pregnancy hair fall could be due to a number of factors such as a deficiency, postpartum depression, and excessive stress. Ensuring that you have a balanced diet which is full of all the essential nutrients is the first step that you can take to curb it. Also make sure that you include a lot of dry fruits and nuts in your diet such as almonds and walnuts that are rich in protein and other vitamins.
Besides a balanced diet, a number of home remedies can come handy in controlling hair fall. Some of them also help regrow the lost hair. Here are the most effective natural remedies that you can try.
1. Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds, which are popularly known as methi seeds, are loaded with protein and nicotinic acid which boost hair growth and also help in strengthening the hair roots.
Lecithin present in them moisturises the hair strands hair and keep them supple. Here's how you can make fenugreek seeds hair mask at home:
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and soak them in a bowl overnight.
- Strain and massage the scalp with the liquid.
- Keep it on for around 2-3 hours
- Wash off with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
- Use once every week for better results.
2. Egg Whites
Egg whites contain protein which is the primary constituent of hair. Besides, eggs also contain biotin and essential b vitamins that can be beneficial in controlling hair loss. Did you know the protein in eggs is a high quality protein which is highly effective for hair growth and strength?
While you should be eating them as well, you can also apply an egg white hair mask.
- Break an egg and mix the egg white and yolk in a bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil to it and mix thoroughly.
- First wash your hair with a mild shampoo to remove excess dirt.
- Now apply the egg mixture on your scalp and hair tips in case you have split-ends. Apply thoroughly to make sure you cover all hair strands.
- Wear a shower cap and keep the mask for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water and apply a conditioner afterwards.
- Apply once a week for strong, shiny hair.
While you might have heard that neem is beneficial for treating skin ailments, did you know it can also help in putting a stop to hair loss?
This is because neem has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that are effective in removing the bacteria and germs that might be present on your scalp and causing all that hair fall. Here's how you can use it:
- Boil a few neem leaves in water until the water reduces in half.
- Cool it and wash your hair with it after you shampoo as a final rinse.
- Use every alternate day for effective results.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is an age-old remedy to curb hair loss due to its scalp-soothing and anti-bacterial properties. Research says that pure aloe vera gel has polysaccharides and glycoproteins, which can aid in stimulating hair/skin growth.
You can make a hair mask with some pure aloe gel and coconut milk and massage into your scalp. Here's how you can make it.
- Take a tablespoon of coconut milk and a teaspoon of aloe vera gel and mix well.
- Apply on scalp and massage gently in a circular motion.
- Leave for half an hour.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo and conditioner
- Repeat once every week.
5. Mustard Oil massage
Mustard oil is loaded with vitamins A, D, E and K, and essential minerals such as selenium, zinc, and beta-carotene. This traditional Indian oil is a time-tested remedy for hair loss.
Not only does it strengthen your hair from root to tip, it also promotes hair growth. It might sound unbelievable but mustard oil also prevents premature greying of hair and darkens the hair roots.
- Take sufficient amount of mustard oil and heat it in a pan. Slowly start massaging your scalp with it in circular motion.
- leave for about two hours or even overnight.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Use twice a week for gorgeous tresses.
6. Onion Juice
Onion juice contains sulphur that helps in creating chemical bonds that determine the health of your hair. Onions are packed with sulphur that not only strengthens hair but also terminate hair growth.
Their anti-bacterial properties free the scalp of infections and prevents bacterial growth. Onions also put a stop to premature greying of hair.
- Take two tables spoons of onion juice and add a teaspoon of honey to it.
- Mix well and apply the apck to your hair and scalp. Leave for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Repeat twice a week
Apart from these remedies maintain a healthy balanced diet and use a mild shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair. If the hair fall is severe and these remedies don't help, go to a doctor.