Recipe For Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies
These delicious cookies are packed with flax seed, virgin coconut oil, fenugreek, and brewers yeast, all of which are breastmilk boosters.
You have probably heard a lot of mums share about their milk boosters (including lactation cookies) and ways to increase their milk. This is especially common for mums who do exclusive pumping to generate a milk bank of frozen breast milk before returning to work.
Breastfeeding is already a challenge in itself. Engorgement, cracked nipples, blocked ducts and milk blisters are just some of them. And while you’re juggling motherhood, sometimes tiredness or other stress related things could affect your yield.
While some mothers claim durian works, others swear by overnight oats and fenugreek tea.
If none of these work for you, why not give these yummy choc chip lactation cookies a go? They are packed with feel-good flavours, healthy and milk boosting ingredients like flax seed, virgin coconut oil, fenugreek and brewers yeast.
Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies
What you will need:
2 tbsp Flax seed/Flax seed powder
4 tbsp water
1/2 cup butter
1/3 virgin coconut oil
1 1/2 raw sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
3 tbsp Brewers Yeast
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 fenugreek tablets or just grind about 1 tablespoon ground fenugreek
3 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup pumpkin seed, or nut of choice or any other dried fruit chopped
3/4 cups of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees C.
- Combine the flax seed and water in a small bowl and set aside for 3-5 minutes. The water would change into a slime like consistency and that’s completely fine.
- Cream your butter, sugar and virgin coconut oil together. Using a machine would be faster, but you can totally do this by hand as well.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well
- Mix in your flax seed and water
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, brewers yeast and baking soda. Add fenugreek powder and mix.
- Add the dry mix to the wet sugar mixture and mix.
- Add oats and mix.
- Add in chocolate chips and seeds/nuts/dried fruit of choice.
- Scoop cookie batter using an ice cream scoop for even sized cookies and even baking.
- They don’t expend too much so it okay to give slightly over a centimeter gap between the cookie batter.
- Bake them for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nothing beats the smell of freshly home baked cookies wafting through the house. Store the cookies in an airtight container once it has cooled down and enjoy them at your leisure.
This article is republished with permission from theAsianparent Malaysia.